At least seven school students fell unconscious on Thursday in Sanoli, Vinewal, Puna and Majra areas adjoining Santoshgarh of Una district after a pungent gas started oozing from a chemical plant.

Chief Medical Officer Una Dr SK Verma said, “On Thursday morning at about 9 Am a few students fell unconscious after complaining difficulty in breathing, burning sensation in eyes and started vomiting.”

After getting a complaint from the School Principal 108 Ambulances were rushed to take the students to Nangal hospital.

Deputy Commissioner Una Raghav Sharma also visited the area and directed to close primary and middle schools in Sanoli, Majra, Vinewala and Puna.

The DC said, “It is being investigated whether the chlorine gas leaked from the NFL or PACL plant and appealed to people not to panic.”

Education Minister of Punjab Harjot Bains and DC Ropar Priti Yaday also visited the place to take stock of the situation.

Sharing is caring!